The 2000 Proof Set (Buy on eBay) saw the number of coins increased once again. In the prior year, the State Quarter Series had begun expanding the number of coins by four. This year, the new Sacagawea Dollar debuted, pushing the total number of coins per set to ten. Despite the additional coin the issue price remained unchanged from the prior year. The mintage for the 2000 Proof Set exceeded the 3 million mark, representing the highest total since 1982.
Each set contained five 2000 State Quarters honoring Massachusetts, Maryland, South Carolina, New Hampshire, and Virginia. The remaining five coins included the 2000-dated Sacagawea Dollar, Kennedy Half Dollar, Roosevelt Dime, Jefferson Nickel, and Lincoln Cent. All coins are typically found with a cameo or deep cameo finish.
The U.S. Mint additionally produced a separate 5-coin Proof Set for 2000, which contained only the State Quarters, and the 2000 Silver Proof Set, with seven coins struck in 90% silver.
The packaging for the 2000 Proof Set continued the design established in the prior year. The State Quarters were sealed in one plastic holder, with the remaining coins in a second holder. These two lenses were placed in a cardboard box. The lens inserts and box were themed in blue, which contrasted with the red color theme of the Silver Proof Sets.
2000 Proof Set Coins
- 2000-S Proof Lincoln Cent
- 2000-S Proof Jefferson Nickel
- 2000-S Proof Roosevelt Dime
- 2000-S Proof Massachusetts State Quarter
- 2000-S Proof Maryland State Quarter
- 2000-S Proof South Carolina Quarter
- 2000-S Proof New Hampshire State Quarter
- 2000-S Proof Virginia State Quarter
- 2000-S Proof Kennedy Half Dollar
- 2000-S Proof Sacagawea Dollar
2000 Proof Set Information
- Coins per Set: 10
- Face Value: $2.91
- Original Issue Price: $19.95
- Mintage: 3,082,572