The 2001 Proof Set (Buy on eBay) continued the issuance of the coins of the State Quarters Series and marked the second year of release for the Sacagawea Dollar. After exceeding the 3 million set sales mark in the prior year, this year’s set sold just 2,294,909 sets. The lower mintage makes this one of the more expensive sets on the secondary market.
A total of ten coins with a face value of $2.91 are included in the 2001 Proof Set. The five State Quarters feature New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Kentucky. Additional coins are the 2001-dated Sacagawea Dollar, Kennedy Half Dollar, Roosevelt Dime, Jefferson Nickel, and Lincoln Cent. These Proof coins were produced at the San Francisco Mint with the “S” mint mark, and are typically found in deep cameo.
A total of three different 2001 Proof Set options were available for collectors. This included the standard Proof Set described above, the separate State Quarters Proof Set, and the 90% Silver Proof Set.
The packaging for the set was themed in blue. The dollar, half dollar, dime, nickel, and cent are sealed in one plastic lens, with the five State Quarters in a separate lens. These two lenses were placed together in a decorative cardboard box.
2001 Proof Set Coins
- 2001-S Proof Lincoln Cent
- 2001-S Proof Jefferson Nickel
- 2001-S Proof Roosevelt Dime
- 2001-S Proof New York State Quarter
- 2001-S Proof North Carolina State Quarter
- 2001-S Proof Rhode Island State Quarter
- 2001-S Proof Vermont State Quarter
- 2001-S Proof Kentucky State Quarter
- 2001-S Proof Kennedy Half Dollar
- 2001-S Proof Sacagawea Dollar
2001 Proof Set Information
- Coins per Set: 10
- Face Value: $2.91
- Original Issue Price: $19.95
- Mintage: 2,294,909