The 2014 Proof Set (Buy on eBay) saw the same arrangement of coins and packaging as the prior year. The three ongoing series with rotating designs continued with their latest releases along with coins featuring static designs.
The United States Mint opened sales for the long running annual product on March 25, 2014. Each set contained a total of fourteen different coins across six denominations. This year’s coins included the 2014-dated Lincoln Cent, Jefferson Nickel, Roosevelt Dime, and Kennedy Half Dollar. Coins with rotating designs included the quarters representing Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Shenandoah National Park, Arches National Park, Great Sand Dunes National Park, and Everglades National Park; the Presidential Dollars honoring Warren G. Harding, Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Hoover, and Franklin D. Roosevelt; and finally the Native American Dollar representing Native American hospitality for the Lewis and Clark Expedition.
The Presidential Dollars were packaged into one protective plastic lens, the America the Beautiful Quarters in a second, and the remaining coins in a third. The three lenses were placed along with a certificate of authenticity into an illustrated outer box. The front of the box contained a scenic image from Washington D.C. The back of the box containing images from the parks represented, the Presidents honored, and the remaining coins.
The annual Proof Set carried a price of $31.95 per set, however for this year a discounted price of $28.75 was available for sets ordered through the U.S. Mint’s online subscription program. There were no stated product limits or ordering limits.
In addition to the full annual set, the U.S. Mint also released the extended array of component and gift sets also including the Proof coinage. These included separate sets for the quarters, Presidential Dollars, and gift themed sets to celebrate a birth or birthday.
Sales for the 2014 Proof Set concluded at the end of the 2015 calendar year. The last reported sales figures for the set indicated total distribution of 714,661, marking another modern low for the product offering.
2014 Proof Set Coins
- 2014-S Proof Lincoln Cent
- 2014-S Proof Jefferson Nickel
- 2014-S Proof Roosevelt Dime
- 2014-S Proof Great Smoky Mountains National Park Quarter
- 2014-S Proof Shenandoah National Park Quarter
- 2104-S Proof Arches National Park Quarter
- 2014-S Proof Great Sand Dunes National Park Quarter
- 2014-S Proof Everglades National Park Quarter
- 2014-S Proof Kennedy Half Dollar
- 2014-S Proof Native American Dollar
- 2014-S Proof Warren G. Harding Presidential Dollar
- 2014-S Proof Calvin Coolidge Presidential Dollar
- 2014-S Proof Herbert Hoover Presidential Dollar
- 2014-S Proof Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Dollar
2014 Proof Set Information
- Coins per Set: 14
- Face Value: $6.91
- Original Issue Price: $31.95
- Mintage: 714,661