The 2002 Proof Set (Buy on eBay) contained a total of ten different coins. The expanded size of the set was on account of the recently launched State Quarters Program as well as the new Sacagawea Dollar. Sales of the set moved up slightly from the prior year, but had come fallen from the highs reached in 2000.
Components of the 2002 Proof Set included the five State Quarters honoring Tennessee, Ohio, Louisiana, Indiana, and Mississippi. These states were respectively the sixteenth to twentieth states to join the Union. The remaining coins of the set were the 2002 dated Sacagawea Dollar, Kennedy Half Dollar, Roosevelt Dime, Jefferson Nickel, and Lincoln Cent. All coins carried the “S” mint mark and were struck in deep cameo Proof.
Besides the regular version of the set, the U.S. Mint also issued a separate 5 coin Proof Set featuring only the State Quarters and a Silver Proof Set featuring 90% silver coins.
The packaging for the 2002 Proof Set was similar in design to the prior years. The dollar, half dollar, dime, nickel, and cent were sealed in one plastic lens, with the five State Quarters in a separate lens. These two lenses were placed in a cardboard box with an image of the Statue of Liberty and a blue color scheme.
2002 Proof Set Coins
- 2002-S Proof Lincoln Cent
- 2002-S Proof Jefferson Nickel
- 2002-S Proof Roosevelt Dime
- 2002-S Proof Tennessee State Quarter
- 2002-S Proof Ohio State Quarter
- 2002-S Proof Louisiana State Quarter
- 2002-S Proof Indiana State Quarter
- 2002-S Proof Mississippi State Quarter
- 2002-S Proof Kennedy Half Dollar
- 2002-S Proof Sacagawea Dollar
2002 Proof Set Information
- Coins per Set: 10
- Face Value: $2.91
- Original Issue Price: $19.95
- Mintage: 2,319,766