After a steady increase in the number of coins included in the popular annual set, the 2010 Silver Proof Set (Buy on eBay) saw the contents reduced. There were 14 coins included in each set, with a face value of $6.91 and silver content of 1.338 troy ounces.
This year marked the introduction of the America the Beautiful Quarters, a series which would feature a national park or other national site from each of the 50 states, 5 territories, and the District of Columbia. Five different designs would be issued for each year. Meanwhile, the Presidential Dollars Program featuring four designs per year continued, along with the Native American Dollars Program featuring a single design per year, both continued.
Each 2010 Silver Proof Set included seven 90% silver coins. These were the five quarters featuring Hot Springs National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Yosemite National Park, Grand Canyon National Park, and Mount Hood National Forest, the Kennedy Half Dollar, and Roosevelt Dime. The remaining non-silver coins were the four Presidential Dollars featuring Millard Fillmore, Franklin Pierce, James Buchanan, and Abraham Lincoln, the Lincoln Cent, Jefferson Nickel, and Native American Dollar. All coins were struck at the San Francisco Mint and carried the “S” mint mark.
Sales of the set officially began at the United States Mint on August 26, 2010 at an original price of $56.95 per set. Due to the early release of the 2011-dated set, sales of the 2010-dated set continued into the following year. On March 18, 2011, the rising market price of silver prompted an adjustment to the offering price of the set, which was increased to $64.95. The U.S. Mint removed the product from availability on December 30, 2010.
Packaging for the 2010 Silver Proof Set featured slightly redesigned elements. The plastic lenses containing silver coins were a solid, deep shade of red, while the lens containing the Presidential Dollars featured historical items in the background. The lenses were placed in a red colored box containing an image of the San Francisco Mint and the words “2010 United States Mint Silver Proof Set.”
2010 Silver Proof Set Coins
- 2010-S Proof Lincoln Cent
- 2010-S Proof Jefferson Nickel
- 2010-S Silver Proof Roosevelt Dime
- 2010-S Silver Proof Hot Springs National Park Quarter
- 2010-S Silver Proof Yellowstone National Park Quarter
- 2010-S Silver Proof Yosemite National Park Quarter
- 2010-S Silver Proof Grand Canyon National Park Quarter
- 2010-S Silver Proof Mount Hood National Forest Quarter
- 2010-S Silver Proof Kennedy Half Dollar
- 2010-S Proof Native American Dollar
- 2010-S Proof Millard Fillmore Presidential Dollar
- 2010-S Proof Franklin Pierce Presidential Dollar
- 2010-S Proof James Buchanan Presidential Dollar
- 2010-S Proof Abraham Lincoln Presidential Dollar
2010 Silver Proof Set Information
- Coins per Set: 14
- Face Value: $6.91
- Silver Content: 1.338 troy oz. (41.616 g)
- Original Issue Price: $56.95
- Mintage: 585,401