The 2017 Proof Set (Buy on eBay) was released by the United States Mint on March 29, 2017. This set saw a further reduction in the total number of coins included since the Presidential Dollar series concluded in 2016 with the coin for President Ronald Reagan, reducing the number of coins for the 2017 set to 10.
The pricing of $26.95 for this set reflected the fact that three fewer coins were included compared to the 2016 set.
Each set included five America the Beautiful Quarters honoring the Effigy Mounds National Monument in Iowa, the Frederick Douglass National Historic Site in Washington, DC, the Ozark National Scenic Riverways in Missouri, Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty National Monument in New Jersey, and George Rogers Clark National Historic Park in Indiana.
The sets also included a Native American Dollar that features a reverse design with a profile of Sequoyah writing “Sequoyah from Cherokee nation” in syllabary (the Cherokee writing system) along the design’s border.
Each coin is struck in Proof with frosted, raised design element s against a mirrored background, and each coin carries an “S” mint mark for the San Francisco Mint where they were struck.
The coins are sealed in two protective lenses, and they are housed in a cardboard box that has an image of the Washington Monument on the front and images of each America the Beautiful Quarter on the back.
2017 Proof Set Coins
- 2017-S Proof Lincoln Cent
- 2017-S Proof Jefferson Nickel
- 2017-S Proof Roosevelt Dime
- 2017-S Proof Effigy Mounds National Monument Quarter
- 2017-S Proof Frederick Douglass National Historic Site Quarter
- 2017-S Proof Ozark National Scenic Riverways Quarter
- 2017-S Proof Ellis Island Quarter
- 2017-S Proof George Rogers Clark National Historic Park Quarter
- 2017-S Proof Kennedy Half Dollar
- 2017-S Proof Native American Dollar
2017 Proof Set Information
- Coins per Set: 10
- Face value: $2.91
- Original Issue Price: $26.95
- Mintage: 568,678